BREAKING NEWS: in Italy too, confined workers were MORE contaminated than non-confined workers (excluding healthcare workers).

1 post / 0 new
Tagore2
BREAKING NEWS: in Italy too, confined workers were MORE contaminated than non-confined workers (excluding healthcare workers).
Printer-friendly version

Rate of contaminated workers:

• Confined workers: 2.7%
  • unconfined workers public administration and education: 2.1%
  • unconfined healthcare workers: 5.3%
  • unconfined workers, other: 2.8%
  • Total unconfined workers: 3.0% (my calculation)
  • Total unconfined workers, excluding healthcare workers: 2.6% (my calculation)

Because of their working conditions, healthcare workers have naturally been more contaminated than others.

As in Spain, confined workers were more contaminated than unconfined workers, excluding healthcare workers, although the difference here too is very small.

These consistent statistics convincingly prove that containment probably had no effect on the rate of contamination, and that if it had any effect, it was a slightly worsening factor, due to indiscriminate confinement of contaminated and uncontaminated people together.

I look forward to the statistics from other confined countries, which are likely to be the same.

PRIMI RISULTATI DELL’INDAGINE DI SIEROPREVALENZA SUL SARS-CoV-2 (pdf) See table 3 p. 4.