World War I page

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
webmaster
World War I page
Printer-friendly version

In case anybody was confused about this, you may have noticed the change to the front page (how could you not!). 

The idea behind this is to do what we can to counter the propaganda of the ruling classes on what lay behind World War I and to expose the lies of their press and academics insofar as we are able. Of course we don't have tens of millions to spend, but it seemed necessary to draw attention to the question as forcefully as we could.

As you may also have noticed, the "old" front page has not gobe away, and will indeed be back before long. Our "World War I special" will continue to be accessible and will make an occasional return to the front page when further articles are published.

A.Simpleton
A Necessity

webmaster wrote:

The idea behind this is to do what we can to counter the propaganda of the ruling classes on what lay behind World War I and to expose the lies of their press ....

Randomly turning on Radio 4 last week (for the few minutes one can stand until fury leads to the off switch) I heard a BBC archive clip of an interview recorded in 1964 (a widow of a WWI veteran was very honestly recounting her personal pain).

The female announcer then explained that this was a small example clip of a substantial series of such 'personal stories' and other 'accounts' which would be broadcast 'in a wave pf programmes throughout the year' (her exact words) 'on both national and local BBC stations' (again her exact words).

I need not explain to you the insidious nature of such a media plan as propaganda: deny by omission the very possibility of the existence of proactive obscenities and machinations behind the slaughter so clearly depicted by the ICC's publication: concentrate on and repeat the 'horror' 'the personal': grip the public with the same macabre enticement that pictures of a motorway pile up induce.

Even I was initially agog at the words 'wave ... throughout the year on all stations': my next thoughts being ' good god ... imagine the 1918 propaganda plan'.

The ICC's continuing realisation of the need to reveal the layers of lies and ruthless deliberation behind this massive example of organised barbarism, by returning its denouncing response occasionally (or even frequently) to the front page is vigilant and necessary.

AS