Why no investment in Afghan, Iraq, Libya etc

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
radicalchains
Why no investment in Afghan, Iraq, Libya etc
Printer-friendly version

The capitalists have trillions sitting in banks doing nothing. Why no investment in potential markets they seemingly opened up? 

Or is it the case the capitalists literally do not know what they are doing. They are a degenerate ruling class.

Fred
  radicalchains

radicalchains wrote:
....is it the case the capitalists literally do not know what they are doing. They are a degenerate ruling class.

They know what they're doing at the level of a very limited selfish and purely self-interested level. They're trying to amass financial gains, and capture the means of accruing more financial gains as part of the great game, the competition of all against all, where all that matters in the world is money and being rich and competitively strong.  This is their purpose in living. There great life goal is the amassing of profit and the successful putting down of other competitors - this "putting down" can include lying, cheating, robbery, threats of violence and murder and, finally, should all else fail, outright war - this is what you are expected to do and have to do as a successful capitalist and is proof of your great manly achievement as a human being. No snivelling around in a miserable job like emasculated workers! 

I use the word "manly" deliberately although women can join in here if they must.  As women however, their contribution must inevitably be  inferior to what men do as they only have theoretical balls not the real ones needed  for fierce competition and outright war.

But we can't really say the ruling class is degenerate, even if we think their life interest in money is a total and futile bore, because that might suggest they're a gang of sissies and queers.  And of course they're certainly not, you can take that for granted. What they are is a class of citizens who know how everything should be organised and run - that is to say they know exactly how a society that serves their main interest should be organised, with the feeble-minded lower orders doing all the tiresome but necessary work and producing all the goodies for sale -  but who are constantly being thwarted by problems with the market and idiotic competition which is always trying to interfere with and spoil things.  

Take the current situation in Syria today.  If only the Americans and the busy-body English would keep quiet and out of it, Russia could put up with  the ridiculous Assad and his diminishing cronies, could bomb IS out it of existence, as it did the Taliban in Afghanistan, although we don't boast about that, and retain access to the warm water ports on Syria's  coast which is all we really require.  But no!  The grinning Obama egged on by the pompous ass Cameron want to get rid of Assad for some peculiar so-called weird morality reasoning of their own - like they disposed of Ghadaffi - and bring in "the opposition" who might make Syria look democratic for the moment but do little to help Mr. Putin's  Russia along or assist the flow of Russian oil. 

You might say that the patent absurdity underpinning all this Syrian nonsense doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.  And you would be right.  The sell-by date for all factions of the bourgeoisie has long  ago passed. They are degenerate and dangerous like plagues of rabid dogs. Unfortunately the sudden release of millions of people as refugees, including many workers, from the horrors produced by bourgeois  conflict in the Middle East and even down into Africa, has only served to complicate  matters more, and disturbed  the tranquillity of peaceful Europe, happily screwing workers in employment, but has only added  further confusion to the peace living  bourgeois wherever he rests, who just wants to be left alone with his bankers. 

Even the trillions and gold bars sitting useless in secret banks cannot solve the problems the bourgeois class has create today. If they ever in their brief history really knew what they were doing beyond the next 48 hours they've certainly lost that ability now. 

Fred
In the case of the capitalist

In the case of the capitalist class, billions of dollars sitting in banks doing nothing, is proof of bankruptcy! 

LBird
Striking position to take!

radicalchains wrote:

The capitalists have trillions sitting in banks doing nothing. Why no investment in potential markets they seemingly opened up? 

Or is it the case the capitalists literally do not know what they are doing. They are a degenerate ruling class.

No, they are not 'degenerate', rc. They are simply carrying out class war. 'Normal' class activity.

When a class wishes to display its power, it goes 'on strike', to show to its enemy that they can't survive without that class.

The working class goes on strike with its labour, to drive up wages.

The ruling class goes on strike with its capital, to drive down wages.

The capitalists know only too well 'what they are doing'.

lem_
I worry that this board is

I worry that this board is too centred on britain tbh.

But it would help me learn more from this thread if you added more context to the OP radicalchains.

I find most discussion about imperialism etc. quite baffling cos I'm starting from scratch.

radicalchains
My post does not mention

My post does not mention Britain. The trillions sitting in banks doing nothing I was referring to is actually just in one bank in USA. Anyway, I am generally interested in Britain simply because it's where I am and I have the most experience of.

lem_
yes mate i know, i was just

yes mate i know, i was just saying "cool but i don't get it"

sorry, most of what i was saying wasn't criticism.