Leftcoms in europe & UK

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
_mel
Leftcoms in europe & UK
Printer-friendly version

I woz wondering wot u m8s in britain are up to. Seems to be many leftcoms in britain and I woz curious which ways you were involved in the class struggle, like wot strikes if any, etc.

thanks,
m

_mel
mostly wot i see and hear

mostly wot i see and hear about online are just discussion groups

Alf
welcome

hello Mel, welcome to this forum. Do you want to tell us where you are writing from? I wouldnt say there are many left commmunists in Britain myself. We are a small minority which can't hope to have very much influence in the immediate, although we have accumulated an experience of participating in class struggles over the years which we can talk about.  But what do you think are the main tasks of a revolutionary organisation today?

lem_
_mel ?

_mel ?

lem_
i'm guessing there's quite a

i'm guessing there's quite a bit less than 30 left communists in britiain, and less than 150 sympathisers.

i'm not sure why you are riffing on my handle in yours, i'm just a sympathiser, and don't have a job - i.e. am not a militant.

_mel
Hi Alf. Hi lem_. What about

Hi Alf. Hi lem_.

What about fights for pay rises? Is that a revolutionary task today?

lem_
Are you asking me? Like I

Are you asking me? Like I said I just sympathise with left wing communists.

Is it revoltuionary? I suppose it could build consciousness of workplace struggle, regardless of its success 

Alf
defence, offense

A fight for wage increases is a class demand and revolutionaries support it, but it's not revolutionary in itself. One of the main problems for the working class over the last few decades has been its difficulty in going from the economic to the political terrain. Certainly the immediate defensive struggle is a necessary basis for the development of an openly revolutionary struggle, but it is not a sufficient one. 

lem_
even outside the question of

even outside the question of "revolution" i do appreciate it's quite cool, de-alientaing etc.

and yer unions don't really "win" struggles, so maybe i was a little cynical to say "regardless of its success".

sorry it's been a while ...

lem_
union membership is a dead