Bilan and the Arab-Jewish conflict in Palestine

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
LoneLondoner
Bilan and the Arab-Jewish conflict in Palestine
Printer-friendly version

The discussion that follows was prompted by the article: Bilan and the Arab-Jewish conflict in Palestine. The discussion was initiated by LoneLondoner.
Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

LoneLondoner
Republication of Bilan on the Arab-Jewish conflict

Just a brief note to bring to comrades' attention that we have just put online and article originally published in Bilan in the 1930s on the Arab-Jewish conflict in Palestine, which remains thoroughly relevant to understanding the genesis of the present situation in the Middle East

Fred
Yesterday I wrote a post here

Yesterday I wrote a post here about the troubles in the holy Land and Palestinians murdering worshippers in a Synagogue and how the Jewish authorities punished the families of the young men who committed the atrocity by demolishing their family houses, and so on. It wasn't a very good post I daresay and it ended with a quote from "Ezekiel" (Old Testament) which was construable by some I suppose as not acceptable material for a communist site.  

Anyway, when I tried to post it it was erased on the grounds that this web site was "down" though when I checked in fact it wasn't.  And then early this morning I noticed a message above telling me I wasn't allowed to post on this web site, though it's gone  again now and here I am.

At  first I thought: oh well. Never mind. It wasn't such a brilliant post and was biblical which might give devout communists taking themselves seriously cause for concern. And really the only reason I'm writing this now is because I was told I couldn't and wasn't allowed to. It's childish of course. But if some scrutinizing judgemental "web master" or other, really objected to my post (and I know web masters and the like can read what you write on an iPad as you write it, should they happen to be logged in at the time and once got direct evidence one time of this happening) then I think he should have intervened directly and got in touch with me to explain and discuss.  

But enough for now....A slightly discomforted Fred. 

radicalchains
Fred, probably a technical

Fred, probably a technical hitch. But you never know! 

I was very surprised when I read the title of this post/article. I haven't read all of it so hopefully I've missed something but the framing of the question seems totally off even the conclusion is a concern. No mention of workers or capitalists.

Fred
hitches

radicalchains wrote:

Fred, probably a technical hitch. But you never know! 

I was very surprised when I read the title of this post/article. I haven't read all of it so hopefully I've missed something but the framing of the question seems totally off even the conclusion is a concern. No mention of workers or capitalists.

I don't know if it's a hitch or hitches  radicalchains 

hitch (1) .  When I pressed "save" having completed my post 'live" in the space provided, like now, I got the "Drupal"  notice saying the web site was down. If it was down how  did I complete my post? I returned immediately to the site which was up, but my post had gone. 

hitch (2). I returned to the site and this thread about 18 hours later.  I was shocked to find a message in a yellow banner across the top of the thread saying:   "You are not authorized to post here."  It didn't say "you are not allowed" as I indicated in my post above, but "You are NOT AUTHORIZED" to post".   

Somewhat surprised  I retreated to get a breather.  When I returned about  half an hour later the offending message in yellow had been removed. What to make of this? Does it matter? I don't know. 

About your second point that the article this thread is connected to doesn't mention workers or capitalists...in fact it does. Specially in part two.  

Quote:
The expropriation of land at derisory prices has plunged the Arab proletarians into the blackest misery and pushes them into the arms of the Arab nationalists, the big landowners and the nascent bourgeoisie. The latter evidently profited from this in order to direct the discontent of the Fellahs and proletarians against the Jewish workers in the same way that the Zionist capitalists have directed the discontent of the Jewish workers against the Arabs. From this contrast between exploited Jews and Arabs, British imperialism and the leading classes of the Jews and Arabs can only come out stronger.