The robotics revolution

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lem_
The robotics revolution
Printer-friendly version

Does anyone care etc. about this?

I think it really is going to be a huge "thing". Even ignoring the unemployment facet of it, I think technology is gonna have a few surprises in store in my life time anyway.

Fred
Surprises!

lem_ wrote:

Does anyone care etc. about this?

I think it really is going to be a huge "thing". Even ignoring the unemployment facet of it, I think technology is gonna have a few surprises in store in my life time anyway.

I care about it. Because, like everything else that capitalism does these days, all its technological achievements, robotics and any other developments won't be used to improve the life of humanity, but to increase profit rates.  

Released from their capitalist chains these technological advancements - and others waiting to be discovered, re-discovered or invented - could bring happiness, freedom from monotonous jobs and better health and education to all humanity.  But as it is, as long as we allow capitalism to continue it's miserable existence, technology we only be held against us  and not  be for our benefit. 

The only surprise you actually need in your lifetime  lem (if I may so bold as to make a suggestion?) is the surprise called revolution!  That's what we should all care about really. Not the latest break through enhancing  further class exploitation.