A brief chronology of the struggle against pension reform in France

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crisanto
A brief chronology of the struggle against pension reform in France
Printer-friendly version

The discussion that follows was prompted by the article: A brief chronology of the struggle against pension reform in France. The discussion was initiated by internasyonalista.
Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

Crisanto
Will the French workers learn the lessons of May '68?

Although the current proletarian struggles in France is inspiring and not only should be closely monitored but also to have an active intervention like what the comrades did: convincing workers to form discussion groups when struggling or general assemblies. However, I'm not yet too optimistic if these struggles could develop into an independent movement away from the influence and control of the unions.
If the unions could still muster control on these struggles, maybe the end-result of this is acceptance of the austerity measures with some reformist coating, as what what to Tekel workers where majority of them accepted the 4-C (correct me if I'm wrong regarding the result of the Tekel workers' struggle).

Jock
Translation of Toulouse leaflet

Comrades

If it helps I translated the Toulouse leaflet you have on your French section.  It is at http://www.leftcom.org/en/articles/2010-10-23/in-france-the-struggle-intensifies

ernie
Thanks for that Jock, much

Thanks for that Jock, much appreciated.