Tribute to our comrade Jean-Pierre

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fred
Tribute to our comrade Jean-Pierre
Printer-friendly version

The discussion that follows was prompted by the article: Tribute to our comrade Jean-Pierre. The discussion was initiated by Fred.
Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

Fred
Jean-Pierre

This lovely tribute to Jean-Pierre,  in explaining and analyzing what made him tick, and the way he lived his life, takes on a sort of universal meaning, and becomes in addition a tribute to all those who can see beyond capitalism and beyond the awful limitations it imposes on the whole of suffering and alienated humanity; and even almost a tribute to those of us who can't  see this yet.  It is a fanfare to the possibilities of human life buried for the moment under the shit of bourgeois society.  It is beautifully written  and I want to express  my admiration, not just for Jean-Pierre, but for those able to appreciate what he stood for in the way he lived and died, and capable of getting their understanding down on paper so clearly for  the rest of  us to read and take heart from. 

ICC wrote:
 He has left us his passion, his tastes, and in doing so has drawn us a sketch of what it is like to be a human being who sees the other as an integral part of his own happiness, who participates in the artistic and scientific dance of humanity.

ernie
Fred I totally agree a deeply

Fred I totally agree a deeply and profoundly moving tribute to the comrade which captured his militancy and humanity beautifully.