WR Public Forums: Opportunities for face-to-face discussion

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fred
WR Public Forums: Opportunities for face-to-face discussion
Printer-friendly version

The discussion that follows was prompted by the article: WR Public Forums: Opportunities for face-to-face discussion. The discussion was initiated by Fred.
Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

Fred
The warmth of this lovely

The warmth of this lovely article jumps off the page, as it manages to deal with some hefty ideas in straightforward language. It should be compulsory reading for all adults, including over-fifteens in school, and read out loud at the start of every week on factory floors and in offices! A ridiculous and probably counter-productive idea of course. But it is a pity that a lot more workers can't get to read it, as the insoluble problems of capitalism take a greater hold on everything and people look for answers. And here is the answer, clearly stated in readable form.

" Planning in communism can only be for the satisfaction of the needs of humanity based on the coordination of all available resources, human and otherwise. It's like when marxists talk about the dictatorship of the proletariat. Normally, when talking about dictatorship it refers to some sort of harsh authoritarian regime, but for marxists it's to be understood that we mean the domination of a particular social class. So, at present, the capitalist class is the dominant class, the ruling class in every country in the world, that's the dictatorship of a small minority, the bourgeoisie over the vast majority of the rest of the population. The dictatorship of the proletariat is in the interests of the working class and all other non-exploiting strata, and against those who want to re-establish relations of exploitation and the dictatorship of capital."

Just what is it that prevents working people from seeing the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie for what it is: the source of all misery, all the wars, and all the hunger and destruction in the world? In short, the source of everything that denies our humanity. I think we know it a bit, but are hesitant to come out and admit it, reluctant to grow up and take charge. But we must.

Fred
dictatorship of tbe bourgeoisie

It struck me that while the expression "dictatorship of the proletariat" (which we've never had) has been around and in use for a very long time - I remember the first time I heard it in 1953, from a friend defending Stalin's Russia - the expression "dictatorship of tbe bourgeoisie" (which we've suffered from for far too long) is one that's rarely if ever used.

Clever, scheming and Machiavellian bourgeoisie to somehow bring about and encourage the misuse of the idea of proletarian dictatorship - uncle Joe's USSR - while totally hiding the fact of their own! What? The peace and freedom of the market economy seen as a dictatorship? You must be out of your mind, dear boy!

How long are we going to let them get away with this, and all their other lies? War is peace: freedom is democracy: wage labour is liberty and "we're all in this together!"