What's happening in France?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fred
What's happening in France?
Printer-friendly version

Is something going on in France with discontented workers on the streets?  Or is it just the Unions? Some commentator on Sky News said it was like 1968 all over again! I find that difficult to believe but wish it was true. Does anyone have any Information? 

Fred
stuff about France in French

I notice baboon has been posting stuff about France on libcom. He refers to an ICC article in French. But I can't read French.. 

Alf
article will be available soon

Hi

The article from our French section will be available soon. They analyse Nuit Debout as a means of recuperating the energies we saw really expressed in the movement against the CPE in 2006 and the Indignados in 2011 - so it's a new 68. The unions are certainly radicalising themselves - the current blockade of power and oil is a tried and tested method of the CGT to have an impact without really losing control of the situation. Anyway, see what you thinkk about the article when it comes out. 

lem_
hadn't heard of anything

hadn't heard of anything about ... this, whatever this is.

:-)

Alf
article available
lem_
i thought that the article

i thought that the article was to the point and showed a committed etc. analysis.

the comparision with past movements was all fine and understsndable, but perhaps it wasn't entirely clear whether the icc feels that the movement has no potential to right its mistakes