Forum topic: Our alternative:resist the capitalist regime!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
kinglear
Forum topic: Our alternative:resist the capitalist regime!
Printer-friendly version

The discussion that follows was prompted by the article: Our alternative:resist the capitalist regime!. The discussion was initiated by Brian kenny.
Below is the discussion so far. Feel free to add your own comments!

kinglear
leaflet

This is excellent: fairly short and to the point. Well and clearly made points too. It's very good having the photo from N.Africa as well,making the visual point that we're all in the same, sinking stinking boat. And the title is good too. I particularly like 'OUR alternative - showing that at least somebody's got one. And then: RESIST the capitalist REGIME. Marvellous use of 'regime' here. Regime is a favorite word of the bourgeoisie, when attacking other bourgeois governments they don't see eye to eye with. I'm starting to feel like teacher trying to praise a good pupil, but just making an arse of himself. And OUR ALTERNATIVE....this gives the ICC credence and, yes, a sort of legitimacy: as if you've suddenly joined the big boys. Absolutely well done. Now it has to work. I think it will.

Alf
thanks for those comments

Thanks for those comments - feedback is always useful. We will be producing this as a PDF to give out at meetings etc, but it's not necesarily exactly what we will distribute on the 26th March (although this paper will certasinly be sold). We are looking for as much help as possible on the day of the march as our forces are very limited, so if you can be there (or do something in your own locality) send us an email.  

kinglear
Slogans

Slogans are important and not always easy to come by. 'All power to the Soviets' comes to mind as very effective. But 'Resist the capitalist regime' is also striking, especially the characterization of capital as yet another and passing dictatorship. If you rewrite don't lose this clarity. I live abroad so can't be there on the day.

kinglear
Libertarian communists

On libcom forums, libertarian communists get mentioned quite often, and it's said they want 'high visibility' on March 26. But who are these guys? Do they want to resist the capitalist regime, or only selected bits of it? Is it likely they'll have 'high clarity' as well as high visibility on the day? Does anybody know?

Alf
 Some of the libertarian

Some of the libertarian communists  - mainly the Anarchist Federation and Solidarity Federation -are setting up a Radical Workers' Bloc for the demo, and we will try to relate to them. They don't seem to be holding much public discusion about the aims of the Bloc though. The statement they put out calling for this has some solid points. Generally they fall into the definition of 'internationalist anarchists' - we have a lot of disagreements but think they are on the right side. Some of them see us in the same way, but not all...

If you are ever in the UK, be sure to get in touch...The call for assistance at the demo was a more general one and we have had a few responses, but lines are still open! 

kinglear
March 26 demo

Comrades go on a lot about Libya, though much of it is speculation. What about tomorrow? Has Libya become something that serves to distract from what may happen tomorrow? (I'm sure Cameron hopes so.) this is assuming that we don't just walk from A to B and then go home. If there's trouble during the demo, Cameron will say: :'our brave airman are fighting an evil tyrant in Libya, and what do we have at home? Violent people causing trouble on the streets!' blah blah etc. Only the working class can solve the problems of the Middle East, and tomorrow, with a bit of luck, we'll take a few small steps in that direction. So: All power to the ICC's solution. Resist the Capitalist Regime.