The French Prime Minister has just drafted a law allowing the establishment of a "state of health crisis", distinct from the "state of health emergency" with the following properties:
- established by decree (8),
- renewed by decree (9),
- repealed by decree, or if decrees are not renewed (11).
In other words, the state of health crisis can only be stopped by the government, it can be constantly renewed or reinstated at will.
This state of health crisis allows the state:
- to control prices (15),
- to requisition all workers, goods or services with compensation (16),
- to quarantine, for up to one month, any person "likely to be contaminated" by the disease, at home when possible, in quarantine camps for foreigners or homeless people (18-20).
In other words, the state takes measures characteristic of war or state capitalism. In particular :
- partial control of the economy by the state (15-16),
- the prohibition of strikes (16),
- the requisition (with compensation) of companies to force them to integrate the state's plan (16),
- The imprisonment of foreigners and homeless people simply "susceptible to contamination" in quarantine camps, like prisoners of war, but for a period limited to one month (18-20).
The bill project contains many other elements that deserve to be studied.
EDIT 2020-12-22: add numers.